What is Wireless Internet?
Wireless Internet is the transmission of data using radio frequency. A radio/router and antenna is installed at the client which then communicates with our high site.
What is Line of Sight
Line of sight is a clear path to one of our high sites, ensuring signal is not obstructed. Obstructed line of sight will cause the connection to fluctuate. Examples of obstructions are trees or buildings.
How do I get connected?
Easyweb sends out a team to do a Site Survey to confirm line of sight. Once line of sight is confirmed, we will mount an antenna on the roof and run a cable inside your building, connecting to your PC or Internal network.
How do I send mails on the Easyweb network?
The outgoing server to be used on Easyweb’s network is smtp.easyweb.co.za.
My emails are hosted by Easyweb, what are my settings?
- Incoming Server : mail.domainname.co.za*
- Outgoing Server : mail.domainname.co.za*
- Username : Full Email Address
- Password : Account Password
More Settings -> Outgoing Server -> My outgoing server requires Authentication + Use same settings as Incoming Server
* Domainname refers to the registered domain name. ie: mail.easyweb.co.za or mail.xnet.co.za
What DNS server should I use?
Easyweb has our own DNS servers :
My Internet is not working, what can I do?
- Make sure that the power supply to our equipment is powered on.
- Power Cycle our power supply. Plug out the power and reconnect power after 5 seconds.
- Ensure that the network cable is connected to your PC/Network
010 001 5200
Will my premises have Wi-Fi with your antenna?
No, our equipment only connects to our High Sites and does not distribute Wi-Fi. Easyweb can supply Wi-Fi Access Points that will provide Wi-Fi connectivity on your premises. We offer an installation package that includes such an Access Point.
Is my connection unlimited on uncapped packages?
We offer unlimited bandwidth on our Business packages, however we do have a fair usage policy on our home connections.
Send an Enquiry